Southern Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service Is a locally-based, independent service for women and children seeking help and information about how to get protection from the court from domestic and family violence*. SWDCAS is funded by Legal Aid NSW and is managed by the Women’s Centre For Health and Wellbeing Inc.

We provide advocacy, information and support to women and we can help you:

  • Before Court (we can provide you with information and other assistance);
  • At Court (give you information to help you understand what is happening and work with you to get an order that is best for your situation);
  • After Court (refer you to other services that can help you).

Our advocacy service covers the following local courts:

  • Albury
  • Holbrook
  • Corowa
  • Finley
  • Deniliquin

We are funded to assist women in ADVO matters. If you are just thinking about what to do and want some information about Apprehended Domestic Violence Orders (ADVOs) and other services please contact us:

Telephone :(02) 60213059
Email : SWDVCAS Coordinator:

We can’t provide legal advice, If you need legal advice, you should see a local lawyer, or contact LawAccess NSW (Telephone 1300 888 529) for referral to a legal service in the area.

Forms Of Domestic Violence

Taken from Page 5 – Charmed and Dangerous booklet attachment. “Power & Control” Wheel Visual

What is a Healthy Relationship?

Taken from Page 8 – Charmed and Dangerous booklet attachment. “Equality” Wheel.

What is an ADVO?*

An ADVO is an order to protect victims of domestic violence when they are fearful of future Violence or threats to their safety. It is made where the people involved are related or have had a domestic or intimate relationship.

Do I need to go to Court?*

Yes. It is important for you to go to court to get information about what is happening in your case. It is important that the court has up-to-date information about your situation and what you want and whether anything has changed since your application was made. We will explain what happens at court.

How do I apply for an AVO?

There are two ways you can apply for an AVO. You can apply yourself (a private application) or the police can make an application on your behalf. We can provide advice about how to make an application.
Charmed & Dangerous

Charmed & Dangerous – A Woman’s Guide to Reclaiming a Healthy Relationship (PDF 4MB)

Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Services are funded by Legal Aid NSW.
*For further information visit