Do you have a passion for helping people and your community?
Open positions are listed here and are updated regularly. Please follow the instructions to apply for each position, as the application may need to be sent to a specific email address. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Health Promotion Coordinator – 30 hours per week, permanent part-time.
Applications to be received by COB 13/03/2020
Position Summary – The Health Promotion position will be responsible for a variety of duties meeting the changing identified needs of the Centre. This will include community engagement, events, development and coordination of health promotion, social marketing and social action, support to clients through information, counselling, advocacy and referral. It is required that this role will have some flexibility around priorities at different times.
- A tertiary qualification relevant to the position or significant relevant experience
- Counselling, case management and/or direct client service experience
- Experience working with women and children experiencing violence
- Commitment to a social model of health and feminist issues
- Experience working with women from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Experience in the development of group work programs and activities
- Strong network of local contacts in the community services sector
- Demonstrated skills in advocacy and referral
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Understanding of and commitment to quality improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of health and welfare systems in the Albury/Wodonga region
Application process – To be received by COB 13/03/2020
Applications including resume, addressing the selection criteria and with contact details for two professional referees should be emailed to the CEO: [email protected]
We welcome applicants from diverse cultures, with diverse abilities and practising diverse lifestyles, and consider being a woman as a genuine qualification for this position under Section 31 of the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
The Women’s Centre is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory referee checks, a current employment working with Children Check, National Criminal History check and proof of the right to work in Australia.