- This event has passed.
Perinatal Anxiety & Depression Series 2
October 8, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Getting Ahead Therapeutic Group program is a twelve-session Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) group program designed specifically for postnatal women to improve maternal mood. The program consists of 8 weekly sessions for mothers (each session is approximately 2.0 hours) which are also complimented by 2 couple’s sessions that focus on the important role of fathers and the couple relationship. During the sessions women learn strategies to help manage their mood by developing skills in the following key areas:
- Understanding and managing mood.
- Pleasant activities – how can I find the time?
- Relaxation on the run.
- Assertiveness and self-esteem – telling others what I think and how I feel.
- Unrealistic expectations of parenting – influences from the past.
- My internal dialogue – the missing link.
- Developing a more helpful thinking style and
- Challenging my internal critic.