Work with a progressive team that are passionate about delivering the best possible service and solutions to Women in the Albury Wodonga area
Counsellor Albury Wodonga Area Part time
DOMESTIC/FAMILY VIOLENCE & GENERALIST COUNSELLOR & THERAPEUTIC GROUP FACILITATOR
- Permanent Part Time role based in our central Albury location over four days. Days and times can be negotiated
- Salary packaging is available
- Bring your unique skills and interests to your role as our Centre grows and our services expand
The Women’s Centre for Health and Wellbeing (Albury Wodonga) Inc is a not-for-profit, non-government organisation providing low cost or free services to women. The Albury based centre provides services to people from Victoria and NSW both NSW and Victoria.
The services provided by the Women’s Centre include generalist, domestic family violence counselling, therapeutic groups, information, advocacy and referral services, NILS loans, FullStop Australia provide counselling for adult survivors of childhood sexual assault.
We are seeking to employ a Counsellor for four (4) days a week who has experience in:
- Counselling women who have suffered domestic & family violence as well as generalist counselling.
- Delivering therapeutic groups such as Shark Cage, Self-esteem and Circle of Security Parenting.
- You will have relevant tertiary qualifications and minimum two years experience in counselling women with relationship issues,
- You must have experience in supporting women with grief and loss, domestic & family violence and childhood trauma issues to apply.
To apply for this role you must:
- Read the Position Description below
- Write a Cover Letter
- Write a separate document that addresses the selection criteria as per the position description
- Attach your current resume and include the name and contact phone number of your Referees. (Your Referees will be contacted if you are shortlisted for the position, after your interview)
- Send this entire application with your attachments via SEEK.
Please view our Social Media profiles on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and our website www.womenscentre.org.au to learn more about us.
Classification: Level 4, Pay point to be negotiated
Employer: Women’s Centre for Health and Wellbeing Albury Wodonga Inc.
Responsible to: General Manager (or delegate)
Hours of work: 4 x days/week Part-time hours (as negotiated)
- The Counsellor will be responsible for providing a counselling service to women of varied backgrounds and circumstances. All counselling roles include domestic violence specific counselling.
- This position requires the establishment and development of strong working relationships with: Women’s Centre for Health and Wellbeing employee’s and visiting practitioners.Women from the general public.
- Organisations, services, and networks within the Albury/Wodonga region.
Specific Duties and Accountabilities Counselling
- Promote and enhance the social and emotional health and wellbeing of women through a woman- centred counselling service.
- Conduct assessment eligibility and provide culturally appropriate counselling, support, advocacy and referral.
- Respond to women presenting at the Women’s Centre in person,by phone and online in the provision of appropriate support, assessment, and referral for these women.
- Manage your caseload and complete up to a maximum of 6 appointments per day. Average 4-5.
- Develop and maintain networks with appropriate organisations, locally,
- regionally, and further afield as required.
- Participate in regular clinical external supervision. Maintain thorough case records and client files
- Facilitate therapeutic group work programs for women in conjunction with other staff and agencies as required.
- Foster collaborative working relationships/partnerships through joint project work, training initiatives, and sharing information with other appropriate
- health, welfare and community organisations.
- In conjunction with other relevant organisations and networks, ensure that the needs of women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are considered and responded to in the provision of health education and promotion programs.
- Promote the profile and image of the Women’s Centre for Health and Wellbeing through day-to- day activities of the position.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of teamwork within the Centre. Participate in internal supervision with Management.
- Work in partnership with the administration office to respond to clients.
- Participate in strategic activities, as required.
- Continuous Quality Improvement
- Participate in performance management and review as directed by the Manager. Contribute to development and review of policy and procedures relevant to the position. Assist in the development of procedures in relation to the position.
- Assist with Quality Improvement as required.
- Maintain client’s health records and statistics according to WCHW protocols. Adhere to Commonwealth and NSW legislative requirements.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings. Undertake other duties as required by GM.
- Adherence to WCHW’s Code of Conduct,Statement of Professional Ethics and Policies and Procedures
- Maintain and update clinical skills and knowledge, maintain relevant professional accreditation. Maintain a client focussed approach to service provision with genuine empathy and interest in client’s needs.
- Report as required regarding identified risks as a mandatory reporter.
Selection Criteria Essential
- Counselling tertiary qualifications and minimum two years’ experience in providing counselling to women with relationship issues, grief and loss, domestic violence, and childhood trauma issues. Understanding of the effects of violence including domestic and family violence, childhood sexual abuse, lesbian and bisexual issues, clear understanding of intersexuality, the issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and CALD women.
- Commitment to a social model of health and feminist issues. Understanding of sexual orientation and identity issues.
- Experience in the delivery of therapeutic group work programs and activities. Demonstrated skills in client intake and assessment, advocacy and referral.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and cooperatively as part of a team. Strong Communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Planning and evaluation skills
- Membership of an accredited counselling professionals’ organisation.
- Knowledge of health and welfare systems in the Albury/Wodonga region. Knowledge of women’s health issues.
- Ability and skills to use Microsoft Office programs.
Currently work is divided in the following manner for this role:
Counselling and casework 80%
Therapeutic Groups 20%
We welcome applicants from diverse cultures,with diverse abilities and practising diverse lifestyles. Being a woman is a genuine qualification for this position under Section 31 of the NSW Anti- Discrimination Act 1977. Relevant criminal record checks will be conducted on the recommended applicant. The Women’s Centre is a Child Safe employer.
Employment is subject to satisfactory referee checks, a current employment working with Children Check, National Criminal History check and proof of the right to work in Australia.
Applications must be received no later than 5pm Friday 1st July 2022
Interviews will be arranged with short- listed applicants as soon as possible.
We acknowledge the Wiradjuri people as the traditional and original custodians of the land on which our office sits
We recognise their continuing connection to land, waters,and community. We pay our respects to Elders both past, present, and emerging.