At the Womens Centre, we use a Health Promotion approach to enable women to enhance their physical and mental wellbeing and take control of their health.
Some examples of the Health Promotion activities undertaken at our Centre:
- International Women’s Day
- Jean Hailes Day
- Attending Community Health Expos
- Social Action Days such as: White Ribbon Day
Groups change each term – please follow us on Facebook for regular updates and to see what is currently happening at the Centre or for further information contact us on (02) 6041 1977.
The main goals of our programs are:
- To increase body awareness
- To become aware of attitudes, emotions and reaction patterns
- To experience body strength
- To increase self confidence and learn to rely on your own strength
- To experience your power and to learn how to translate inner feelings into action
- To use mental strength related to inner strength
- To feel, set and defend boundaries
Aside from important theoretical backgrounds, different methods of approach will be taught and practiced. Participation in this group requires active and physical participation centered around three themes: ground your body, centre your power and focus your mind.
Please see our Group Programs page for a downloadable flyer.
Please see our Group Programs page for more information about joining in on the fun!